Take a moment and see who has graciously donated to the Association for Science in Autism Treatment as a Professional Sponsor or as a Community Sponsor. If you are interested in donating to our cause, please find out what it means to be a Sponsor of ASAT.
ASAT is proud to unveil the …
2015 Real Science, Real Hope Sponsorship Initiative
ASAT believes that individuals with autism have the right to effective treatments which are scientifically demonstrated to make meaningful, positive change in their lives. It can be challenging for families to find accurate information about the efficacy of various interventions for autism, and for that reason, central to ASAT’s mission, is the goal of disseminating accurate information about autism treatments. ASAT works toward a time when all families will be empowered to identify and choose the most effective, scientifically-validated interventions for their child, and all providers can be guided by science when selecting and implementing their interventions.
There are many professional organizations and businesses who, along with ASAT, are concerned about the plethora of treatments that lack scientific support – and the burden this then places on families and service providers who are struggling to make decisions about treatment.
We are proud to share that 45 professional organizations participated in our sponsorship initiative last year. These professional organizations have indicated their support for ASAT and its mission to disseminate accurate, scientifically-sound information about autism and treatments for autism, and to improve access to effective, science-based treatments for all people with autism, regardless of age, severity of condition, income or place of residence.
There are several levels of sponsorship for 2015, as follows:
- Sustaining $10,000
- Partner $5,000
- Supporting Star $3,500
- Champion $2,000
- Benefactor $1,000
- Alliance $500
- Patron $200
All professional sponsors receive recognition in two issues of ASAT’s newsletter, Science in Autism Treatment (SIAT); recognition on www.asatonline.org from within one month of sponsorship up to the end of the sponsorship year along with a display of your organization’s icon and a link to your website; and a 20% discount on advertisements through ASAT. Details about the various benefits that we offer our sponsors can be found here: 2015 Sponsorship Benefits.
- Sustaining sponsors will also receive a Facebook “like,” six individual shout outs on ASAT’s Facebook page, and up to three additional event shout outs; three tweets; your logo listed on an ASAT resource printed during the sponsorship year; up to four ads of any size at no charge and a 50% discount on all other advertisements through SIAT; a 500-word program description in two issues of SIAT, an issue dedicated to your organization, and an invitation to be interviewed in the newsletter; a prominent link on the ASAT website for the sponsorship year, and a 9-month stationary ad on ASAT’s homepage.
- Partner sponsors will also receive a Facebook “like,” three individual shout outs on ASAT’s Facebook page, and up to two additional event shout outs; a tweet; two ads of any size at no charge and a 50% discount on all other advertisements through SIAT; a 500-word program description in an issue of SIAT, an issue dedicated to your organization, and an invitation to be interviewed in the newsletter; a prominent link on the ASAT’s website for the sponsorship year, and a 3-month stationary ad on ASAT’s homepage.
- Champions sponsors will also receive a Facebook “like,” two individual shout outs on ASAT’s Facebook page, and an additional event shout out; two half-page ads in SIAT at no charge and a 50% discount on all other advertisements through SIAT; a 200-word program description in an issue of SIAT; and an 8-month prominent link on the ASAT website during the sponsorship year.
- Benefactors sponsors will also receive a Facebook “like” and an individual shout out on ASAT’s Facebook page; one half-page ad at no charge and a 50% discount on all other advertisements through SIAT; and a 4-month prominent link on the ASAT website during the sponsorship year.
- Alliance sponsors will also receive a Facebook “like” and an individual shout out on ASAT’s Facebook page.
These sponsorships not only provide financial support used specifically for our dissemination efforts, but also send a clear message that ASAT’s vision is shared by others within the professional community. The funds provided by the ASAT sponsors will help support a number of directed efforts undertaken by ASAT this year (e.g., distribution of Science in Autism Treatment, a journalist/media education program, and public awareness of our newsletter and website).
ASAT’s Professional Sponsors have indicated their support of the following tenets:
- All treatments for individuals with autism should be guided by the best available scientific information.
- Service providers have a responsibility to rely on science-based treatments.
- Service providers should take steps necessary to help consumers differentiate between scientifically-validated treatments and treatments that lack validation.
- Consumers should be informed that any treatment lacking scientific support should be pursued with great caution, if at all.
- Objective data should be used when making clinical decisions.
The tasks of educating the public about scientifically validated intervention and countering pseudoscience are daunting ones; and ASAT appreciates the support of both our Professional and Community Sponsors. If you are an organization or program involved in autism interested in becoming a professional sponsor, please download the Professional Sponsorship form here.
Disclaimer— ASAT has no formal relationship with any of the above organizations and businesses. Furthermore, their stated endorsement of the above tenets is not verified or monitored by ASAT. Although ASAT expects that all sponsoring organizations will act in accordance with the above statements, we do not assume responsibility for ensuring that sponsoring organizations engage in behavior that is consistently congruent with the statements above.