Fundraising revenue goes directly to supporting our important work. Please read below to learn more about our current fundraising initiatives. Please participate as you can.
The Association of Science in Autism Treatment is now connected with AmazonSmile. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Please support our mission to promote evidence – based, scientifically sound treatments for individuals with autism by choosing us anytime you make a purchase through Amazon. The link http://goo.gl/PgMQNT will allow you to make purchases through Amazon as usual while donating .5% of eligible purchases to ASAT. We greatly appreciate your participation! Remember: you shop, Amazon gives!
Bidding for Good
Every April as part of Autism Awareness month, ASAT launches an online auction through Bidding for Good. We typically have many great items up for bid: autism-related products, signed book, sports and entertainment memorabilia, hotel stays, amusement park tickets, recreational and sports tickets, and so much more!!! Please check out our most recent auction at: http://goo.gl/jxWmJp. Proceeds from this auction will directly support several important projects, including distribution of our free quarterly newsletter (Science in Autism Treatment), promotion of public awareness of science in autism intervention through our website, and expanding our outreach to the medical community. More information about our initiatives for 2015 can be found here.
Donation jars can be displayed at a wide array of business establishments to help educate consumers and to raise money to support ASAT’s mission. ASAT will provide the materials needed (Donation jars, an ASAT information insert card for the donation jar, ASAT business cards, and signage) for any participating business.
ASAT appreciates our participating fundraising businesses and in order to reciprocate our gratitude for helping us to promote evidence-based treatments in autism, we will provide publicity and social media support to build awareness about the business. Here are several examples of businesses in Maine, New Jersey, and California that have already successfully participated.
Their efforts have been documented in our newsletter. For example:
- Blizzards, Brochures, and Benevolence (Vol.12, No.3, Page 21)
- Dairy Queen Owners Prove a Little Change Can Make a Big Difference (Vol.10, No.1, Page 26)
- Yogurtland : ASAT Fundraising Goes Bicoastal (Vol.8, No.3, Page 7)
- Sweet Charity (Vol.7, No.3, Page 5)
Paper Icon Campaign
Paper icon initiatives have been successful in banks, retail stores, coffee shops, etc. ASAT can provide donation paper icons for your business to sell at the register(s) for a designated time frame chosen by the business. Icons can be sold for $1 or the customer can donate at a level of his/her choice. April is Autism Awareness month, which is a wonderful time to bring awareness, but a paper icon campaign can be implemented any time throughout the year.
If you are a restaurant owner or manager, you may be interested in supporting ASAT through our Dine InDeed program. On selected days, a percentage of diners’ food bills is donated to ASAT. We will supply:
- Sign for door (to showcase your benevolent efforts to support ASAT)
- Dine InDeed check stuffers, ¼ page postcards, or glossy sheets based on your preferences
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope for checks to be sent at the end of your Dine InDeed participation.
Participating restaurants are asked to do the following:
- Display the sign in your window showcasing your participation in Dine InDeed
- Have host and/or servers tell guests about the charity program when they are seated.
- When the bill comes, servers will remind the guests that a percentage of the food bill will support ASAT.
ASAT is committed to supporting our participating businesses via ASAT’s website, Facebook page, and quarterly e-newsletter that is distributed over 10,000 subscribers.
Rock’n 4 Autism Awareness Concerts
ASAT has organized several benefit concerts in the tri-state area. Our Rock’n 4 Autism Awareness (R4AA) concerts have been a way to bring the community together to have a wonderful time and to educate the public as well. Proceeds fund local initiatives. You can find out more information in our newsletter archives
- Rock’n 4 Autism Awareness 2010 in Lancaster, PA (Vol.8, No.1, Page 5)
- Rock’n 4 Autism Awareness 2011 in Hoboken, NJ (Vol.8, No.2, Page 16)
- Rock’n 4 Autism Awareness 2012 in Hoboken, NJ (Vol.9, No.2, Page 14)
- Rock’n 4 Autism Awareness 2013 in Hoboken, NJ (Vol.10, No.1, Page 9)
- Rock’n 4 Autism Awareness 2014 in Hoboken, NJ (Vol 11, No 2, Pages 33-34)
There are other non-monetary contributions that can be directly supportive of ASAT. For example, gift baskets, gift certificates, art, electronics, and other new items could be donated to support our fundraising auctions. Carnival games and prizes can be donated for our Rock’n 4 Autism Awareness Concerts, as well as services such as face painters, clowns, or balloon making services, etc., to help make our concert an amazing day!
Kettlebells 4 Autism’s (KB4A) mission is to support not-for-profit organizations devoted to autism research, treatment, and/or the delivery of evidenced-based autism treatment. Fund are raised through an annual Kettlebells 4 Autism Fundraising Event and merchandise sales. In 2014, KB4A partnered with the One Hour Long Cycle and raised over $34,000 for ASAT. To read more about these efforts, please see:
- Kettlebells 4 Autism Continues to Stand Up for Science
- Weight to Go Kettlebells
- Thank You, Kettlebells 4 Autism and One Hour Long Cycle!
New York City Marathon
The Association for Science in Autism Treatment (ASAT) was proud to sponsor runners in some recent NYC marathons.